One of the great things about Portland is that it is easy to get to – by car, bus or bike!
15th Street and Portland Avenue is a good starting point. Fair events extend from 15th Street and Portland Avenue to 26th Street.
- I-64 to the 22nd Street exit
- Continue on 22nd Street to the second stop lightTurn left onto Bank Street
- Continue on Bank to 15th Street
- Turn left on 15th Street
- Portland Avenue begins
Try it by bike:
Starting at the Belle of Louisville – because it is easy to find. Or, really any point east of downtown.
- Head west on the River Walk bike path
- Ride past the Public Art on the riverfront
- Continue west on the bike path
- After passing under the railroad bridge, watch for a path on the left crossing the railroad tracks leading to an opening in the floodwall
- Continue through the floodwall heading south
- At the first stop sign – you have arrived at Portland Avenue
- Tim Faulkner Gallery/McQuixote will be straight ahead and to the left
Bicycle parking areas are located at various Fair event locations. Additionally, dedicated bike storage (in case you feel like walking) will be available at 1651 Portland Avenue.
Get on the bus:
- From Main Street, Louisville – TARC #43 runs to Portland Avenue & 20th Street
- From State Street & Elm Street, New Albany – TARC #71 runs to Portland Avenue & 22nd Street
- Visit TARC for details